Sunday, 10 October 2010

Research & Planning 2nd Summary

Altogether I think my research is thorough in my audience exploration of various trailers and in my questionnaire. Even with the slight hiccup of new media sample sizes I feel confident that the answers will greatly improve and help how we develop our final products. I have found common conventions through teaser trailers and researched cross media advertising which has been especially helpful in showing me how it all links together over different texts, and how to recognise these types of advertising. Poster research has been successful,  I feel that I know what needs to be included on a poster for it to appear professional and target a specific audience. Time permitting, I would have liked to have done audience research into 'Favourite posters' or 'Identify the thriller films poster' which would have increased my understanding of poster advertising. Creating a checklist was useful for me, as it kept me on track with reaching deadlines and gave me a basic outline of what to plan into.
I have also found out about the technology I shall be using and become familiar with using various techniques that improve usage. I did not include Photoshop in my research because of my extensive use of it last year  and I feel I know it well enough. Throughout my research and planning I also put to use these skills, with my Enter the Void analysis. I set up a YouTube account and used iMovie for the first time, editing and applying effects to my work. Even though simple, it gave me a basic knowledge that I can expand on when using Final Cut Pro. My secondary research was mainly from the sights Box Office Mojo and IMdb. I have found their information vital in reaching larger audience ratings and how well films have done.
Overall, this section will become the support for my groups work, to back up what we do and why we do it. So far, the work has been very interesting too and I have found it even enjoyable finding out about what goes into making our final product; a teaser trailer, poster and magazine cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment